Everybody knows about the Wikileaks about the war crimes committed in Iraq, but what has been suppressed, even by Assange’s own fans, were his leaks on Syria & Libya.
1. France pushed for invading Libya in 2011 because they wanted to “gain a greater share of Libyan oil production” and to prevent Gaddafi from establishing a rival currency called the “Gold Dinar” (leaked 2016).
2. US & British special operations forces, i.e. “SOF teams”, were “training opposition forces” inside Syria to “commit guerrilla attacks, assassination campaigns” against the Syrian government from the very first year of the conflict in 2011 (leaked 2012).
3. Saudi Arabia in early 2012 was committed to overthrowing the Syrian government according to a leaked memo of theirs which stated that they “must seek by all means available and all possible ways to overthrow the current regime in Syria” (leaked 2015).
4. The US was discussing plans in 2006 to “play on Sunni fears of Iranian influence” in order to destabilise the Syrian government in coordination with the Saudi monarchy (leaked 2016).
5. According to Hillary Clinton’s US State Department aid Jake Sullivan in 2012 “the fall of the House of Assad could well ignite a sectarian war between the Shiites and the majority Sunnis of the region drawing in Iran, which, in the view of Israeli commanders would not be a bad thing for Israel and its Western allies” (leaked 2018)
6. According to Hillary Clinton’s US State Department aid Jake Sullivan, “AQ [Al Qaeda] is on our side in Syria” (leaked 2017).